Wednesday, November 18, 2009

'Repitivie Patten Phobia' or 'Textophobia' ... Makes my skin crawl.


It's a phobia that hasn't been in my life long. At least not to this degree. Texture. Bumps, holes, indents, ridges, ruffles. All close together. I think it might be the fact that I can't see the whole surface.. I don't know if there's something in there, behind the bumps, behind every little edge. I don't like small moving things, and something about extreme tiny textures forces my mind to imagine something coming out of them. Even if I KNOW there's nothing in there, behind there what have you, I can't touch the thing. My bare skin cannot make contact. So even if nothing is emerging, I find it frightening in a sense. I've looked this up online and found next to nothing. I know there's other people with the weird fear. One of my friends actually has it too. The topic came up today when sponge at work. I wasn't freaked out about it... probably because I'm too used to them. But it sparked my interest on how I can be completely unable to touch these kind of textures, but I can get used to them individually? If this were any kind of real problem in my life I think I could probably familiarize myself with objects I don't like enough to where they didn't gross me out anymore... But I'm not about to even try that.
This is keenan writing now. See, emily didn't want to look at the page after she put the honeycomb picture up lol. Her fear mostly lies in organic textures, (bone marrow, shriveled things, sunflower centers, fish scales etc etc). This phobia is not as bad as her toe touching phobia.... don't ever touch her toes

5 comments:

  1. did you just end that blog in third person??


    i found that i don't like to touch fabric mostly cotton fabric when my hands are dry.. the fact and the feel of my dry skin catching it like tiny little claws or the hard side of Velcro.. err its soooo annoying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk how i just skiped over the part of Keenan writein sorry.. ha ha but yeah DONT TOUCH HER TOES.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yeah.. kinda scares me a little...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The topic came up today when sponge at work."


    I love you Emily... lol. And I GOT YOU TO GET A PEDICURE, AND YOU KNOW YOU LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "That was fun. lets never do it again!"

    and stop correcting me so much. do you like LOOK for little mistakes?!? ugh.

    ReplyDelete