Sunday, May 18, 2014

I could use a time machine...

I just don't feel like I belong in this world of tweets, texts and selfies. I'm a modest girl and a private person. I force the occasional status update or Instagram picture out into the world, but I'm just not comfortable with it. I'm not a social [media] butterfly but that doesn't mean I don't want attention. It doesn't mean I have no thoughts or opinions. It doesn't mean I don't want friends. With social media you can decide what traits to share with the world. Maybe I want my friends to like me despite seeing the traits I'm not comfortable posting online. Personally I think that's the key to a deeper friendship. I don't want to have a heart to heart through my phone. I want real life love. Unfortunately for people like me, feeling this way only leads to loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment