Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Saying Goodbye

It's just an understanding. It's a realization of time and fate, of love and loss... of mortality. I'd give anything to live in a world of blissful ignorance. I'd do anything to remove this understanding. I've been aware since the beginning that forever is a myth and every piece of life is temporary. We get what we need from outside influences, but nothing can give forever. No one has an infinite supply of anything and no one should give everything to one person alone. It's holding on that hurts, not letting go. A broken heart can heal, but a heart forever under fire will never be whole. So let us break our hearts, dear friend. I will always love you for everything you are and everything you've ever done for me. I'll carry a piece of you in my heart and find comfort knowing you exist somewhere in my world. And that will have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment