Sunday, February 2, 2014

Book #1 - The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Woa

My New Years Resolution is to Read at least 25 books this year. I searched through many book recommendation lists and (because I'm me) vlogs. Any book I saw come up in more than two lists I put down on my list. I'm going to write a little bit about each book here in my blog mainly so I can look back and remember them better.


The first book I read was The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Woa.

I wanted to do a quick book summary but just thinking about it bores me.
I did not enjoy this book as much as I was expecting to. It was honestly more like a series of short stories and that type of novel is just not really me cup of tea. It changes narrators 2 or 3 times and changes protagonists 5 or 6 times. Once I got into one story and started feeling for the character the book would move me to another character in another time. The story I got most into was actually the story of Oscars mother. Had the whole book been about her I may have enjoyed it more. As you can probably guess by the title of the book Oscar does die in the end... And I didn't even care.

K, on to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment